Here are ten other little known facts about depression.
- Depression distorts your thinking.
- Depression makes it hard to give.
- Depression is experienced as anxiety 65 percent of the time.
- Persistent irritability can be a symptom of depression.
- Chronic pain can be another symptom of depression.
- Alcohol is a depressant. So are marijuana and a host of other recreational or street drugs. Self-medication is not going to get you better and will surely make you worse over time.
- People don’t choose to be depressed, but they do make a choice about how to deal with it.
- The origin of depression can be situational and/or bio-chemical.
- Depression can be as hard on your loved ones as it is on you.
- Exercise is one of the easiest and least expensive treatments for depression.
Depression takes on many disguises, but more diagnostic tools and better treatments are available today than ever before. Take advantage of the many options that are readily available to help you and your loved ones.